Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Unlimited mobile internet plans for Ipad/Iphones data cap?

This is a discussion on Unlimited mobile internet plans for Ipad/Iphones data cap? within the General OT forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; Does Globe/Smart/Sun have daily or monthly data limits for their unlimited surfing plans for mobile phones/devices like the Ipad and ...

Liked
    3 times

Default Unlimited mobile internet plans for Ipad/Iphones data cap?

Does Globe/Smart/Sun have daily or monthly data limits for their unlimited surfing plans for mobile phones/devices like the Ipad and Iphone, the 999 Peso Plans?

Does this only apply to their prepaid? Does this also apply to their postpaid?

Globe
    Prepaid:
    Postpaid:

Smart
    Prepaid:
    Postpaid:

Sun
    Prepaid:
    Postpaid:

I really want to be able to choose the right service provider if I will be stuck with them for 2 years with either an Iphone/Ipad/Similar devices.

Youtube videos at 720p is quite common now and I at least want to be able to play videos on an Ipad 2 at 1080p from youtube which are quite large, so knowing which plan is best would help not just me but a lot of people planning on getting the new Iphone 4s or the Ipad2.

Liked
    521 times
    Real Name
    Roman Pido

Default Re: Unlimited mobile internet plans for Ipad/Iphones data cap?

Read Globe's Fair Use Policy:

How is Fair Use applied to this promo?

The SuperSurf promo is normally used for emailing, browsing and base search activities. By design, this promo is not intended for file sharing software and downloading files in large format like music, videos, and movies (users of peer to peer/torrent applications). In case a customer uses the product other than its intent, the customer might experience slow browsing.

The service provides a peak volume capacity currently set at 800 MB per account per day. Should you exceed the peak capacity within the day, the service will be temporarily unavailable until end of day. However, service will resume on the following day. But you can opt to forfeit your remaining subscription to the promo and browse on a Pay-Per-Use basis at P5 for 15 minutes to browse continuously.

Subscribers who are surfing via the 'P5 for 15 minutes of surfing' scheme are not subject to the Fair Use Policy, as are subscribers using other promos other than SuperSurf.
    I dunno for sure but I think SMART and Sun Cellular will also impose a Fair Use Policy.

Liked
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by coqueiro View Post
    Read Globe's Fair Use Policy:

I dunno for sure but I think SMART and Sun Cellular will also impose a Fair Use Policy.
    Yes, I have read that but I found that under their Broadband section so I am guessing it applies to their USB Tatoo stick internet but I am not sure because it also says SuperSurf.

Does this apply to My Super Surf and UnliSurf 999 plans of GLOBE?

800MB a day seems unbelievably low. With iOS 5 there is iCloud backup. I'm sure that will use a lot of data as well.

"Subscribers who are surfing via the 'P5 for 15 minutes of surfing' scheme are not subject to the Fair Use Policy, as are subscribers using other promos other than SuperSurf. "
    quoting the policy, does this apply to postpaid unlisurf subscribers too?

http://surf.globe.com.ph/plan/supersurf
    and clicking the FAQ tab, it says
    "
    1. What is SuperSurf?
    SuperSurf is a data promo that gives you affordable and reasonable rates for internet access on your mobile device. This is a new add-on data plan that offers unlimited chatting, downloading, emailing, and surfing wherever you go. It is available to both Postpaid and Prepaid subscribers."

I am not blind right in seeing the words unlimited chatting, downloading, emailing, etc....

So Globe is lying in their FAQ?

So 800MB even for Unlisurf subscribers or My Supersurf Postpaid subscribers? Confirmed?

800MB a day, what a joke! Is Globe living in 2008?
    That's like only ten 720p youtube videos of songs. Just songs. There are longer videos than songs. Really? Globe!!!!

Please don't say it is true for postpaid unlisurf subscribers as well. = (

If you have a cap, say you have a cap and don't lie about it in your FAQ! GLOBE!

And at least make your cap reasonable with the times.

800MB is reasonable a couple of years ago!
    It's the age of tablets and soon HD screened phones.
    Give the people at least 2-5GB daily limit.

800MB is just around TWO 10 minute video at 1080p!
    Just TWO!

800MB is just around FOUR 10 minute videos at 720p!
    Just FOUR!

They should advertise that and put that in their poster and FAQ!

But here is to hoping that POSTPAID UNLISURF does not have limit and that this 800MB applies only to prepaid subscribers and I feel bad for them too.

Just saw this http://www.philmug.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=74590 and it says that the 800MB only applies to prepaid, and I'm a little relieved. I still feel bad for Prepaid.

So can anyone else confirm that the 800MB limit only applies to Prepaid subscribers and not Postpaid subscribers who avail of their My Super Unli Surf 999 postpaid or the new My Super Plan Unli Surf?

And to those who have knowledge of Smart and Sun's policies, please add your input. It would help people.
    Last edited by knowsnomac; 11-11-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Liked
    133 times
    Real Name
    Richard Dy

Globe
    Prepaid: No bandwidth shaping, Zero data, unable to surf after 800mb combined download/upload within the day for supersurf50/220. no capping on 10pesos/30minutes regular surfing.
    Postpaid: No capping but they do have a placeholder fair use policy that they don't seem to implement. torrent bandwidth shaping in the morning, free for all starting 12mn.

Smart
    Prepaid: It seems that smart caps their subscribers once they subscribe to unlisurf promo. 384kbps~1mbps max dload speed regardless of your modem if you are within the promo duration. torrent bandwidth shaping is also implemented.
    Postpaid: 2-3.6mbps Max speed no data cap. Torrent bandwidth Shaping

Sun
    Prepaid: filesharing, youtube downloads capped at 10KB/s. Regular surfing, browsing, max 3.6mbps no data cap just selective throttling. free for all at 2Am-6AM
    Postpaid: filesharing, youtube, facebook data capped at 30KB/s. Regular surfing, browsing max 3.6mbps or 7.2mbps depending on your modem, selective throttling. free for all at 2AM-6AM.

Source: experience. YMMV

as of the moment, i'm getting 370KB/s download speed on my postpaid supersurf c/o globe. no capping since i've been downloading since early this morning.
    |MacBook Pro 13 inch 2.4Ghz 4GB 250GB Mountain Lion 10.8.5|iPhone 5s Gray iOS 7.0.2|iPad Mini iOS 7.0.2|

Liked
    3 times

Ok. so from the sir rdy0329's post it's

Globe
    Prepaid: 800MB Cap per day. Connection is cut after 800MB
    Postpaid: No cap. Truly unlimited internet

Smart
    Prepaid: There is a cap. Unknown details on limit of data usage or if connection will be cut.
    Postpaid: No cap. Truly unlimited.

Sun
    Prepaid: Just selected speed cap. Connection still remains. Unlike Globe's 800MB limit and then disconnection
    Postpaid: Selected speed capping. Connection still remains.

If anyone else can confirm this or have experienced something else otherwise please let us know.

So far, SMART and GLOBE postpaid unlimited do not have limits in the amount of data you can use
    And GLOBE for Prepaid has 800MB limit per day (roughly around FOUR 10 minute videos only at 720p. FOUR). And if you just got an Ipad 2/Galaxy tablet and want to watch at 1080p, you can only watch around TWO 10 minutue videos at 1080p.
    So GLOBE prepaid users should keep this in mind if they plan on using youtube a lot. You will only be able to watch around 40 minutes worth of video at 720p or 20 minutes worth at 1080p.
    More confirmation off all data would be great from others.

Thank you sir RDY0329 for the great info.

Liked
    1 times

I had a bad experience with Sun (not that their signal is bad though).

I have a postpaid plan with them amounting to P350/mo. then one day I applied for a broadband bundle for my iPad that's additional P650, totaling P1,000/mo. To my surprise, my normal monthly bill (based on the 350 plan sans the broadband used to be P600-750/mo) significantly soared to P2,500. Good thing I didn't get the modem stick, hence, was able to terminate the broadband after 6 months. A month after the termination, my monthly bill went back to P600 for a month's cycle.

Sun, didn't and cannot explain to me the cause of the sudden increase but I'm under the impression that they put hidden charges which are not clearly shown in their monthly bills.

Being an ordinary consumer (who's always the aggrieved party especially here in the Philippines) I can't help it but pay all the bills they charged me. Tsk tsk tsk!

Liked
    75 times
    Real Name
    Jingo Lopez

So how much is the daily rate for unlimited surfing if you have a prepaid sim from Globe.
     Mac mini late 2012 OS X Mavericks  Mac mini late 2007 Snow Leopard  Apple BT Keyboard  Apple Magic Mouse  AirPort Extreme 2nd gen  AirPort Express 3rd gen  iPhone 4  iPhone 3GS  Bose Companion 3 S2

Liked
    130 times
    Real Name
    Volts Sanchez

^PhP50/day, PhP220/5 days.

From here.
    Macbook Pro Core i5 2.4Ghz/iPad Mini 32GB Wi-Fi (Black)/Nexus S/iPhone 4 32GB (Black)/iPhone 3GS 32GB (Black)/iPhone 2G 8GB/iPod Touch G3 32GB/Nintendo DS Lite (Black)/Panasonic FS7 (Black)

Real Name
    Jon

Globe Tattoo MyFi Postpaid user here for most part of the year now, and previously a Globe Visibility Postpaid subscriber here. It's fast depending on signal strength and 3G/HSDPA availability. GPRS/EDGE surfing experience is slow on desktop/laptop but somewhat bearable on iPhone/iPad apps designed to retrieve data using API calls from the parent sites (FB, Twitter, etc)

No cap indeed, and it's fast enough for me to use this as my primary internet connection.

Images are also subjected to data compression when it reaches your device, so images may show up pixelated/lower quality than the original on the sites you visit. This is not really a deal breaker for me, and if it helps speed up loading the sites, it's fine with me.

If you have a device that can act as a WiFi hotspot such as an Android phone or iPhone, don't bother getting the MyFi device. It's an added P150 to the P999 monthly for the internet plan. Just sign up for the internet plan, get the sim and use your phone as the hotspot.

The MyFi device (Huawei E5) also seems to pick up the signal weaker than a mobile phone does - at times, 0 signal bars on MyFi is shown when my phone detects 1-2 bars signal strength.

I guess that's all you really need to know with Globe's Tattoo Mobile Postpaid plan.
    13" MacBook Pro Mid-2010/8GB G.Skill DDR3 1066Mhz/115GB G.Skill Phoenix Evo SATA II SSD : iPhone 4S 16GB Black - Simplify. Semper Fi.

Liked
    174 times
    Real Name
    Rob Ong

Default Unlimited mobile internet plans for Ipad/Iphones data cap?

Globe Mysupersurf 999 user here. Afaik you can disable it whenever you like it. It's part of their flexi plans. Postpaid user here also.

Maybe heaven right now is a devil or angel away
    That won't change
    Together we vow that our colors will sparkle the faith

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast