iPhone or iPad Keyboards

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by docjbr, Oct 23, 2012.

1. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

I tried searching for threads on Bluetooth Keyboards, compatible with an iPad or an iPhone, but came up with very little (except for a Looking For:; tags used: Keyboard, Bluetooth, iPhone Accessories)

Anyway, my wife will be entering residency this coming December, and every morning, she'll be sending long text messages about updates on patients on the floors, to all the attending physicians/consultants. I thought I'd make life easier for her, and give her a Bluetooth Keyboard, instead of jamming it on her iPhone. I know that the Apple Wireless Keyboard would work for the iPhone, but that is Plan B at the moment due to its size. I'm looking for something a little bit more portable, maybe something like this:

[​IMG]

Anybody here that's tried a product, and worked pretty well? Something that she can just toss in her bag, and use when needed? Hopefully, there's something local that I can buy for her, though I'm thinking CDR King is Plan C at the moment :p Thanks!

2. antski

antski Well-Known Member

If its something she'll be throwing in her bag. Cdr King keyboards will do.

3. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Will probably get her one from CDR King to play with for the meantime, but if she'll find it really helpful, I'd probably get her a more durable one. So far, blank discs are the only purchases from CDR King that have lasted for me. And since it's going in her bag, I have to make sure it looks nice, too, LOL! Thanks!

4. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

I have this keyboard, supposed to be a keyboard case but now I mainly use it as a Bluetooth keyboard for the PC at work. Works well with my iPad and I use it as a stand for my SGS3 too..and pen holder.

Logitech - Keyboard Case for iPad® 2

Patient sign out via text? I didn't even think that was possible :)

5. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

6. bedanmick

bedanmick Member

Where did you buy this? Im actually in search for the solar powered keyboard/case for my 3rd gen iPad but cant find any.

Solar Keyboard Folio for iPad - Logitech

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

Bought a Logitech k760 solar powered bluetooth keyboard. Not exactly portable but if you want a keyboard you can just forget about after use, then get it. It has hard buttons for you to switch among devices (ipad, iphone, mac or pc).

8. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

9. jeffrod

jeffrod Member

10. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

Very late reply. I bought the BT Keyboard case at Best Buy. I mainly use it how with my computer at work because the keyboard doesn't make clunky noises while typing. I use it daily and I've had to charge it only once or twice I believe all year.

11. shaft

shaft Well-Known Member

and now, 6yrs later, Logitech still makes pretty neat BT keyboards. Been using the logitech slim folio for my 6th gen ipad for quite awhile now. Keys are so well made. Tactile feedback is very good. Nice battery life and covering but the “slim” description isnt exactly accurate. It is heavy. On the plus side, it can be fairly safe for those nicks and bumps and some drops probably. Also very easy to use on lap or table surfaces. Its rugged and has a water repellant type skin on the outside which makes setting it on tables a bit less worrisome.

One thing though is i recently saw the “Brydge” BT keyboard and it looks so amazingly like it was made by apple. The keys are backlit too. Unlike the Logitech slim folio which makes using in the dark impossible.

Was wondering if anyone has the brydge bt keyboard for their device here. Is it worth it?Thinking of just selling the logitech and getting the brydge.